X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forum_Admin
    • May 2018

Giant Scale Racing Resources

I have attempted to put together a list of harder to find items that we use in Giant Scale Racing. The list is NOT complete, but is a good starting point. Being on this list is NOT a USRA endorsement, but a vendor who we believe have items available. If you have something or know of someone who should be on the list, email me the information for consideration of being added. I will be updating this list as information becomes available to me.

A big thanks to all who helped me prepare this list!!!!!!!

NOTE: It is the responsibility of the racer to make sure the item you are purchasing is USRA legal !

AIRFRAMES:
    Miss Ashley Team Extra: tome@crtdata.com 714-255-7495
    Stiletto / Yak: Tom Keating tpkeating44@yahoo.com
    NA 50, Tsunami, AR6, Shoestring, Shadow and should have the GR7 and Polecat later this or next year: Tim Foster fosterp51@yahoo.com
    Stilleto, GR7, and an old AT6 Proud Bird: Mitch Robbins Website: aerocompositesrc.com Email: wmrobbins@bellsouth.net
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/aero...tes/?ref=share

ENGINES:
    A variety of engines are currently used in the different classes.
    For F1 most folks use the GT80 highly modified while some also use one of the single cylinder types from different manufactures.
    F1GT: Only motor to use is the Zenoah GT-80.
    Unlimited: There are several options currently being used; but you can certainly be creative. Regardless of motor used, each one has to be highly modified for maximum power. Current Class of the unlimited is the Desert Aircraft line of engines.
    Examples:
    DA150 / DA 170; http://www.desertaircraft.com/
    ZDZ
    3W

Where can I get my engine modified?
    Raymond Racing Engines
    Baker Performance Engines; Scott Baker addmorenitro@yahoo.com

PROPS:
    Both injection molded APC and carbon racing props are available .
    USRA is selling the spec T-6 and F-1GT props.
    Sources for carbon props:
    Terry Raymond
    APC Props
    Vess Props

RETRACT LANDING GEAR:
    Robart (Suggest the electrics as they are nice and light)
    Century Jet

IGNITIONS:
    Dessert Aircraft
    R/C Ignitions Williams, Az

FUEL CAPS:
    Aluminum fuel caps for the large plastic bottles: Scott Gerber bobthecatusa@yahoo.com

Working...