Thread: Super Corsair

Occupation
    FAA
    Interests
    RC Airplane and Full Scale Aviation.

Super Corsair

I just bought a Super Corsair at a swap meet (see general thread on it). Does anyone have a kit or any parts for one of these. It looks like the Bud Light one...who made it? All composite. Any and all info wanted!
    Please email me with pics and prices of what you have. Lotahp1@aol.com

Occupation
    FAA
    Interests
    Pic of Corsair should now be in a Album under my name...IMG_2730.jpg

Occupation
    Sr. Mech. Des.
    Interests
    Giant Scale Warbirds and anything that flies
    Classes Raced
    Unlimited, GT80 Pro and F1, Biplane, AT6 and Sundowner
    I believe that is from the DAVE BRIDI molds. I have built 2 of these guys. The one I have now is still to be tested. It has an 290cc twin in it and will be a serious racer some day. 220 plus. It weighs about 48lbs with no fuel.

Occupation
    FAA
    Interests
    Post some pictures! I'd love to see it. Did you do flaps or no flaps? Robart gear? Please send pics of your servo install and engine etc. love to see it!
    Lotahp1@aol.com

Occupation
    Sr. Mech. Des.
    Interests
    Giant Scale Warbirds and anything that flies
    Classes Raced
    Unlimited, GT80 Pro and F1, Biplane, AT6 and Sundowner
    I just sent you some pics to your email id.
    No flaps for the racers. The servo install were of course all 400in oz JR servos. 1 for each elevator half and 1 for rudder. The wing had 2 servos per aileron. Worked out well.
    If you were to do flaps may help to slow down for landing. It gobbles up a lot of runway so that 600 to 800 ft may be iffy. Do not want to slow this baby down. My first Corsair was a stock 290 on gas. To take off it was at idle with full right rudder, full right aileron and about half up elevator. If you were to hammer it, it would torque over on its back. Been there done that. Once in the air slowly increase throttle and oh yeah retract gear asap. Flies well, really holds a good line. Landings are pretty soft, just hold some speed. The wing carries her pretty good.
    Most of all short linkages all the time. There is a hatch at the underside of the tail. That's where your servos go for elevator and rudder/tailwheel. All Titanium linkages with at least 4-40 ball type links that are fastened to the control horns via 4-40 hardware.
    Last edited by RickM; 06-23-2017 at 02:30 PM.

That is a David Bridi Super Corsair. It was in the process of being made into a normal one. I have the molds for the Super Corsair now. What are you doing with that? Are you interested in selling it?